Terms and Conditions
The school accepts no responsibility for changes of academic services, losses, expenses, accidents, theft of personal property or injuries during the student’s course.
All students are required to attend classes, notify the school in case of absence and respect other students, teachers and staff. The school reserves the right to cancel a course without refund in circumstances where a student is found to be in breach of the school’s code of conduct which may be found posted in each classroom.
- The minimum age for students is 18 years.
- All students except for those at the total beginner level are required to take a level test.
- The balance of all course fees must be paid before the start date of the course. The school reserves the right to cancel the student’s reservation for non-payment.
- The fees for the DELE exam preparation course do not include the DELE exam registration fee.
- Students who require the school to issue official documentation in order to support a student visa application must pay their total course fees in advance. Documents can be sent via e-mail or DHL to meet any specific requirement. Any related fees must be paid by the student in advance to ship these documents.
- The school is not responsible for students’ bank charges. Students who do not pay their bank charges at the time of transfer will be charged by the school upon their arrival.
- Refunds will be made using the same method of payment the student used to book their course.
- The school is closed on local and national public holidays and these days will not be recuperated. The academic content of the CASA program will be covered within other lessons. An allowance for 1 public holiday per 4 weeks of the course is included in the total price of the students’ original booking.
- For long-term courses, when holidays are included in the course pack, the school reserves the right to require students to use some weeks of these holidays during major public holidays, when courses may be closed.
- The school does not offer trial lessons.
- One hour of class is equivalent to 55 minutes.
- The minimum number of students per class is three and the maximum is twelve. Speakeasy reserves the right to increase its maximum class size if necessary.
- The school reserves the right not to open a class if it does not have the minimum number of students enrolled.
- The content of each class is designed around the CASA program. Teachers are not permitted to make changes to the study plan.
- The CASA program is structured in 6 levels. Upon completion of each level, one or two tests will be conducted in class. In the case that the student does not pass the test(s), the school reserves the right to assign the student to another group according to the teacher’s recommendation.
- For organizational reasons, the school reserves the right to substitute a course teacher. All teachers are experienced and qualified to teach the CASA Program.
- Classes that are missed due to a student’s absence cannot be recovered, even with a medical document.
- Student attendance is available to view through the Speakeasy App. If the weekly attendance of the student is 60% or below, the school reserves the right to assign the student to another group based on the level test results, teacher recommendation, and the class availability. The schedule may change.
- Students are not allowed to come to school with members of their family, nor with pets. Speakeasy can arrange private classes for students under 18.
- Full or partial reproduction of any of the school’s materials (books, CDs) is prohibited under copyright law.
- Recording video, audio or taking photos in class it is totally forbidden, unless it is approved for Speakeasy marketing purposes.
- Only students in long-term courses can take breaks/holidays during their course as part of their package. It is necessary to take a minimum of 1 full week from Monday to Friday. The school cannot guarantee availability in the same group upon return.
- Holidays need to be communicated to reception 7 days in advance. Otherwise, the break will not be considered as part of the holiday entitlement but deduced from the course weeks credit.
- Students are not permitted to defer their course once it has started. All course fees are non-refundable during periods of deferment. The dates of the booking cannot be modified once the course has started.
- All students who wish to make changes to their course must notify the school in writing by e-mail at least 10 days before the course starts.
- A course reservation is assigned on an individual basis and therefore it cannot be re-assigned or transferred to another student.
- Students who have been issued with the school’s official documents for the purpose of applying for a visa cannot change the end date of their course once it has started.
- Group classes cannot be converted into private lessons.
- In the case of school closure due to force majeure, in-person classes will be replaced by virtual classes maintaining the same content and following the same academic program. No refunds will be processed.
- All students who wish to cancel their course must notify the school in writing; by e-mail or letter. Notifications not received via one of these methods will not be accepted.
- Students who cancel their course 60 days or more before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 25% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course between 59 and 30 days before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 50% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course between 29 and 15 days before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 75% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course 14 and 0 days before the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 100% of the total course price.
- Students who cancel their course after the course start date will be charged the enrolment fee plus 100% of the total course price.
- Students who have been issued with the school’s official documents for the purpose of applying for a student visa type D cannot cancel their course unless a copy of the official visa rejection document is provided to the school via e-mail or recorded mail. Tourist visa type C rejection will not be accepted. In addition, a standard cancellation fee of 250€ will be charged.
- Students who do not provide an official visa rejection document will be charged the enrolment fee plus 100% of the total course price.
- Where a refund is given, any bank charges related to transfers and exchange rate movements will be deducted from the refundable amount due.
- One hour of class is equivalent to 55 minutes.
- Private lessons can be for 1 to 3 students.
- Private lessons must be in session for a minimum of 1 hour and at least 1 session per week.
- Schedule and content are flexible. A personalized program will be elaborated according to the student’s request.
- The student must plan all of their classes on the day of enrolment. Changes depend on the availability of the teacher and the classrooms and must be asked for at the reception.
- Cancellations must be notified to Speakeasy with a 24-hour notice, except classes scheduled for Mondays which must be cancelled latest by Friday at 3:30 pm. The student should always notify the school by phone, e-mail or in person. Nonattendance without notification will be considered as a cancellation.
- If the student is delayed, any lost time will not be compensated. If the delay is greater than 30 minutes, the teacher is not obliged to wait, and the class will be cancelled.
- The certificate the school offers is an attendance certificate, stating the dates of the course, the total number of study hours and the final level the student will reach. # This certificate is not equivalent to an official DELE Certificate.
- Issuing the certificate is free of charge, as its cost is already included in the registration fee.
- In order to receive the school certificate, the attendance of the student has to be at least 80%.
- The certificates are only prepared upon request. Students must request the certificate at the beginning of their final course week at the latest. The certificates can be picked up from the school reception on the last day of the course. All requests received in the last days of the course will be processed in the following week.
- A student’s stay is from a Saturday to a Saturday. The minimum stay is 1 week. If you would like to arrive a day earlier or leave a day later, it needs to be organized when booking the accommodation. You will be charged 40€ for each extra night.
- Our family homestay accommodation can be only provided to Speakeasy students.
- All students who wish to cancel or change the start date of their stay must notify the school in writing via e-mail.
- Students who cancel or change their start date of their accommodation 10 days or more before the start date of their stay will not be charged. If the student cancels or changes the start date of their stay less than 10 days before check-in date, one week of stay will be charged as cancellation fee.
- If you already applied for a visa with our accommodation provided, it is not possible to cancel your stay, unless your visa has been denied (to be proven by official denial letter)
- The student is responsible for paying for replacement or repair to any damage to items that belong to their host.
Upon signing the student enrolment form or paying the course fees, the student accepts all the terms and conditions stated above.