What is the DELE exam and how do you prepare for it?
The DELE is a title for Spanish proficiency recognized worldwide. The DELE exam is a way to certify the specific linguistic skills of each of the levels of Spanish. Passing this exam is a necessity for some higher education or professional positions that require validating a person’s knowledge of Spanish. Taking a DELE exam preparation course will give you a significant advantage when taking the DELE test.
What is the DELE exam?
The Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) exam is the official assessment that accredits a person’s linguistic skills in Spanish. It is granted by the Instituto Cervantes in Spain. The exam is designed according to the guidelines of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which consists of four parts: reading, writing, listening and speaking. You do not ever need to retake it once you have passed it.
Preparing for the DELE exam
The most effective way to prepare for a DELE exam is by taking a Spanish course specifically aimed at preparing you for the exam. It is one thing to have the Spanish level that you are trying to prove, and it’s another thing to have studied the dynamics of the exam and be familiarized enough to be able to pass each section with confidence. In any DELE preparation course you choose, you should not be learning the Spanish language, but learning about how to take the exam itself.
In our DELE preparation course, you will learn the following:
- The format: you’ll go over the structure and format of the DELE exam, the types of questions in each section and the time constraints.
- Grammar and vocabulary: you will study common idiomatic expressions and relevant terminology for your chosen level.
- Mock tests: taking mock tests under exam-like conditions is important to gauge your progress and be able to analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
- Speaking practice: you’ll practice speaking and simulate real exam scenarios, engage in role plays, and work on your pronunciation and fluency.
- Writing skills: sharpen your writing skills by composing essays, formal letters, and reports.
- Time management: by practicing in a preparation course, you’ll get better control of time management. In the DELE exam, time management is crucial.
With the right preparation and dedication, you can conquer the exam and proudly showcase your Spanish language skills to the world. Remember that language learning is a dynamic process, and the DELE certificate is a testament to your commitment to mastering the Spanish language. Embrace the challenge, prepare diligently, and open doors to a world of opportunities through your Spanish proficiency.
At Speakeasy, we have our very own DELE Exam preparation course with varying lengths and start dates depending on when you are planing to take the exam. Our Spanish teachers have specific training in DELE and years of experience preparing students to obtain their official certifications. We are also an official examination site, contact us to find out when the next exam will be held in the comfort of Speakeasy!