Our online classes follow the same academic program as in-person classes. They cover all aspects of Spanish language learning: speaking, reading, writing, and listening. We aim to keep classes small, with an average of 6 students per virtual class.
You also have the option to book virtual private classes, these have the same price and structure as the in-person private lessons, the only difference is that they are done online.
How do online classes work?
We are using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. It’s simple to use and has many features that will make your classes very similar to in-person courses. Here are just some of the features that will help you continue your Spanish learning online:
- Easy to use Not a technological person? No problem. Speakeasy will send you a link to enter your virtual Spanish classroom. All you have to do is click to participate. It may take you one class to get used to, but our students have already mastered the tool in record time and we’ve gotten plenty of positive feedback.
- Screen sharing Sharing textbook exercises, audio listening exercises, videos, and anything else our teachers get creative with is easily displayed directly on your screen.
- Breakout rooms Teachers can divide your class into pairs or mini-groups to practice conversation between one another or work on activities, just as in in-person lessons
- Share a communal whiteboard. Just as at the academy, your teacher will have a whiteboard where they can write out notes, explanations and even call on students to add their input.
- Non-verbal feedback. Have a question? You don’t have to interrupt your teacher or classmates to ask it. Use the raise hand feature to simulate a hand raise, or type your message into the chat box for everyone to see. You can also choose to send private messages.
Our teachers are creative with the platform and always finding new ways to encourage your participation and keep the classes as dynamic as they are at the academy.
Course and pricing options
The following are the pricing options currently available for this course.
- 20 hours per week €153
Registration and materials
This course requires a one-time registration fee of 45 Euros per person. Course materials are all included in the course cost.
Super fun school! Took both online and in person classes. The teachers are all super nice and make learning Spanish fun. They have weekly activities where you can meet other students and experience Spain. The staff is friendly and professional. No complaints I had a great time here!
- Can I also share a room with another person (friend/family) in the host family's house?
Yes, you can. Booking a double room allows you to share your room with someone else. If you want to stay in a double room you’ll need to book together with the friend/family member you will be sharing with. Each of you will have you’re your own single bed. You are responsible to find your roommate, we do not provide the service to match students together.
- How long can I stay with a host family?
The minimum stay for being with a host family is one week and the maximum is up to one year.
- Can I take the DELE exam at Speakeasy?
Yes, as Speakeasy is an official DELE exam centre. Enquire at reception or contact us to get further information regarding official exam dates, levels and how to sign up.