Our online classes follow the same academic program as in-person classes. They cover all aspects of Spanish language learning: speaking, reading, writing, and listening. Our online courses range from A to C levels and you can join any Monday throughout the entire year. We aim to keep classes small with an average of 6 students per virtual class.
How do online classes work?
We are using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. It’s simple to use and has many features that will make your classes very similar to in-person courses. Here are just some of the features that will help you continue your Spanish learning online:
- Easy to use Not a technological person? No problem. Speakeasy will send you a link to enter your virtual Spanish classroom. All you have to do is click to participate. It may take you one class to get used to, but our students have already mastered the tool in record time and we’ve gotten plenty of positive feedback.
- Screen sharing Sharing textbook exercises, audio listening exercises, videos, and anything else our teachers get creative with is easily displayed directly on your screen.
- Breakout rooms Teachers can divide your class into pairs or mini-groups to practice conversation between one another or work on activities, just as in in-person lessons
- Share a communal whiteboard. Just as at the academy, your teacher will have a whiteboard where they can write out notes, explanations and even call on students to add their input.
- Non-verbal feedback. Have a question? You don’t have to interrupt your teacher or classmates to ask it. Use the raise hand feature to simulate a hand raise, or type your message into the chat box for everyone to see. You can also choose to send private messages.
Our teachers are getting creative with the platform and finding new ways to encourage your participation and keep the classes as dynamic as they are at the academy.
Course and pricing options
The following are the pricing options currently available for this course.
- 6 hours per week €52
- 10 hours per week €72
- 20 hours per week €137
Registration and materials
This course requires a one-time registration fee of 40 Euros per person. Course materials are all included in the course cost.
For me, Speakeasy was the ideal choice not only to learn and improve my Spanish but also to prepare and to pass the DELE B2 exam. I think it’s definitely one of the best Spanish schools in Barcelona with the best value for money and of course I was very content with my teacher’s level of professionalism. DELE Preparation course helped me enormously to understand in which different parts consist of the exam and which criteria it has for each one. During the classes, we had a lot of tests which helped me to get accustomed to the time limits of each exam’s phase and in its turn to pass the exam with a great level of confidence. I also very appreciated the reduced number of students per course which I think certainly facilitates the learning process. I highly recommend Speakeasy due to its excellent student treatment, good prices, interesting intensive courses, and most importantly – the excellent teachers!
- Can I prolong my Spanish course once my first course ends?
Yes, you can prolong your course with Speakeasy after your first course has finished.
- Can I also share a room with another person (friend/family) in the host family's house?
Yes, you can. Booking a double room allows you to share your room with someone else. If you want to stay in a double room you’ll need to book together with the friend/family member you will be sharing with. Each of you will have you’re your own single bed. You are responsible to find your roommate, we do not provide the service to match students together.
- Does Speakeasy offer accommodation?
Yes, we offer different types of accommodation depending on your preferences and needs. We work together with lovely and experienced host families, collaborate with partners (Livefurther, Spotahome and SHBarcelona) for shared or private apartments, and work with student residences. For more detailed information check out our accommodation page or contact us.