Our online classes follow the same academic program as in-person classes. They cover all aspects of Spanish language learning: speaking, reading, writing, and listening. Our online courses range from A to C levels and you can join any Monday throughout the entire year. We aim to keep classes small with an average of 6 students per virtual class.
How do online classes work?
We are using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. It’s simple to use and has many features that will make your classes very similar to in-person courses. Here are just some of the features that will help you continue your Spanish learning online:
- Easy to use Not a technological person? No problem. Speakeasy will send you a link to enter your virtual Spanish classroom. All you have to do is click to participate. It may take you one class to get used to, but our students have already mastered the tool in record time and we’ve gotten plenty of positive feedback.
- Screen sharing Sharing textbook exercises, audio listening exercises, videos, and anything else our teachers get creative with is easily displayed directly on your screen.
- Breakout rooms Teachers can divide your class into pairs or mini-groups to practice conversation between one another or work on activities, just as in in-person lessons
- Share a communal whiteboard. Just as at the academy, your teacher will have a whiteboard where they can write out notes, explanations and even call on students to add their input.
- Non-verbal feedback. Have a question? You don’t have to interrupt your teacher or classmates to ask it. Use the raise hand feature to simulate a hand raise, or type your message into the chat box for everyone to see. You can also choose to send private messages.
Our teachers are creative with the platform and always finding new ways to encourage your participation and keep the classes as dynamic as they are at the academy.
Course and pricing options
The following are the pricing options currently available for this course.
- 10 hours per week €78
- 20 hours per week €149
Registration and materials
This course requires a one-time registration fee of 45 Euros per person. Course materials are all included in the course cost.
It’s a great experience, a chance to meet many interesting people, see new places and speak a new language. I like the way things are arranged at the school. The teachers are very professional. You start speaking Spanish very quickly. It seems that you just chat with friends, and then you notice that you understand people around you, you speak Spanish! It’s cool.
- How long is the DELE preparation course?
You can choose to study 2, 3 or 4 weeks, 20 hours per week.
- Does Speakeasy offer accommodation?
Yes, we offer different types of accommodation depending on your preferences and needs. We work together with lovely and experienced host families, collaborate with partners (Livefurther, Spotahome and SHBarcelona) for shared or private apartments, and work with student residences. For more detailed information check out our accommodation page or contact us.
- How far in advance must I register for my course?
You can register for a course any time before the start date. Just keep in mind that your spot in the course will only be reserved once you have made the payment in full, therefore the closer it gets to the start date of your course the more likely that the class will be full. We recommend that you book at least 3-4 weeks in advance to make sure you get a spot in your preferred course and schedule.