Our online classes follow the same academic program as in-person classes. They cover all aspects of Spanish language learning: speaking, reading, writing, and listening. Our online courses range from A to C levels and you can join any Monday throughout the entire year. We aim to keep classes small with an average of 6 students per virtual class.
How do online classes work?
We are using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. It’s simple to use and has many features that will make your classes very similar to in-person courses. Here are just some of the features that will help you continue your Spanish learning online:
- Easy to use Not a technological person? No problem. Speakeasy will send you a link to enter your virtual Spanish classroom. All you have to do is click to participate. It may take you one class to get used to, but our students have already mastered the tool in record time and we’ve gotten plenty of positive feedback.
- Screen sharing Sharing textbook exercises, audio listening exercises, videos, and anything else our teachers get creative with is easily displayed directly on your screen.
- Breakout rooms Teachers can divide your class into pairs or mini-groups to practice conversation between one another or work on activities, just as in in-person lessons
- Share a communal whiteboard. Just as at the academy, your teacher will have a whiteboard where they can write out notes, explanations and even call on students to add their input.
- Non-verbal feedback. Have a question? You don’t have to interrupt your teacher or classmates to ask it. Use the raise hand feature to simulate a hand raise, or type your message into the chat box for everyone to see. You can also choose to send private messages.
Our teachers are getting creative with the platform and finding new ways to encourage your participation and keep the classes as dynamic as they are at the academy.
Course and pricing options
The following are the pricing options currently available for this course.
- 6 hours per week €52
- 10 hours per week €72
- 20 hours per week €137
Registration and materials
This course requires a one-time registration fee of 40 Euros per person. Course materials are all included in the course cost.
I passed the B2 level DELE exam thanks to Speakeasy’s intensive DELE preparation course. We had very intensive and interactive classes in just 4 weeks. It all went well, systematically. We did many examples and cases from the exams. On top of this, it was fun. I am happy to have gotten to know my teachers, Ana and Marta. Thank you for everything!
- Do I have to pay for the course fee upfront and in-full?
Yes, the payment for the weeks of the course you want your spot reserved in must be in full and in paid in advance. This way your spot for the duration of the whole course will be reserved. It is also a requirement by the embassy if you are applying for a student visa to have your long-term course paid in full before applying for the visa.
- Can I book my course week by week?
Yes. You can book your course week by week if you choose. Just keep in mind that you risk losing your spot in the same class if the class has previously been reserved by other students. Keep in mind that discounts are applied up from four weeks booked at a once.
- Can I also share a room with another person (friend/family) in the host family's house?
Yes, you can. Booking a double room allows you to share your room with someone else. If you want to stay in a double room you’ll need to book together with the friend/family member you will be sharing with. Each of you will have you’re your own single bed. You are responsible to find your roommate, we do not provide the service to match students together.