Our online classes follow the same academic program as in-person classes. They cover all aspects of Spanish language learning: speaking, reading, writing, and listening. We aim to keep classes small, with an average of 6 students per virtual class.
You also have the option to book virtual private classes, these have the same price and structure as the in-person private lessons, the only difference is that they are done online.
How do online classes work?
We are using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. It’s simple to use and has many features that will make your classes very similar to in-person courses. Here are just some of the features that will help you continue your Spanish learning online:
- Easy to use Not a technological person? No problem. Speakeasy will send you a link to enter your virtual Spanish classroom. All you have to do is click to participate. It may take you one class to get used to, but our students have already mastered the tool in record time and we’ve gotten plenty of positive feedback.
- Screen sharing Sharing textbook exercises, audio listening exercises, videos, and anything else our teachers get creative with is easily displayed directly on your screen.
- Breakout rooms Teachers can divide your class into pairs or mini-groups to practice conversation between one another or work on activities, just as in in-person lessons
- Share a communal whiteboard. Just as at the academy, your teacher will have a whiteboard where they can write out notes, explanations and even call on students to add their input.
- Non-verbal feedback. Have a question? You don’t have to interrupt your teacher or classmates to ask it. Use the raise hand feature to simulate a hand raise, or type your message into the chat box for everyone to see. You can also choose to send private messages.
Our teachers are creative with the platform and always finding new ways to encourage your participation and keep the classes as dynamic as they are at the academy.
Course and pricing options
The following are the pricing options currently available for this course.
- 20 hours per week €161
Registration and materials
This course requires a one-time registration fee of 47 Euros per person. Course materials are all included in the course cost.
For me, Speakeasy was the ideal choice not only to learn and improve my Spanish but also to prepare and to pass the DELE B2 exam. I think it’s definitely one of the best Spanish schools in Barcelona with the best value for money. I was very content with my teacher’s level of professionalism. The DELE Preparation course helped me enormously to understand what the different parts of the exam consist of and the criteria for each one. During the classes, we had a lot of tests which helped me to get accustomed to the time limits of each exam’s phase and in turn to pass the exam with a great level of confidence. I also really appreciated the reduced number of students per course which I think certainly facilitates the learning process. I highly recommend Speakeasy due to its excellent student treatment, good prices, interesting intensive courses, and most importantly – the excellent teachers!
- Do I have to pay for the course fee upfront and in-full?
Yes, the payment for the weeks of the course you want your spot reserved in must be in full and in paid in advance. This way your spot for the duration of the whole course will be reserved. It is also a requirement by the embassy if you are applying for a student visa to have your long-term course paid in full before applying for the visa.
- Can I do a trial class?
We do not offer trial classes due to class planning and organization. You can, however, enrol in one week of class to see if it is the right fit for you and then prolong your booking if you choose to do so. If the level or type of course doesn’t suit you, we are always happy to switch you to a higher or lower level or different timetable.
- Will I be able to change my class if the level does not suit me?
Yes, if you feel that the level of your class isn´t right for you we are always happy to re-evaluate with the help of your Spanish teacher and place you in a different class if appropriate.