Especially designed for Non-EU students, this course is the stepping stone to improving your Spanish so you can continue studying in the Spanish University that you´ve always dreamed of.
This program is more than just learning Spanish. Our team will help you through the complex practical and legal procedures from start to finish.
At Speakeasy you will find the right advice and expertise necessary to ensure your place at one of Barcelona’s prestigious Universities. From the ABC of the Spanish language until the official language certificate and consultancy on all legal procedures, the Speakeasy University Preparation Course is the door towards a great Barcelona experience that will shape your future!
What does this course include?
This course covers all of your requirements, from before you arrive to when you’re here.
Before you arrive
- Advice and assistance in obtaining the National Student Visa (Type D).
- Academic Year Spanish Language Course (9 month of Intensive classes 20 h/w).
- All course materials
- Official invitation letter from Cervantes accredited school
- Enrollment Form
- Proof of payment
- Academic program
- Accreditation certificate
After you arrive
- Applying for your NIE card and permanent residence at City Council (Ayuntamiento).
- Filling in application forms for your National Visa, NIE (Spanish residency card) and its renewal.
- Obtaining and completing any legal form needed to apply for your NIE number.
- Support in applying to university and selecting the right course.
- Validating you exiting educational qualifications for the Spanish academic system.
- Renewal of your NIE card when it expires at the end of your language course.
- Any other support that you need during the process both before and after arriving in Barcelona!
Please note, before booking the University Preparation course, please, check the Spanish university deadlines for admissions. Application deadlines in Spain are as follows*:
- First week of June: for studies beginning in the fall semester (October)
- First week of September: late applications for studies beginning in the fall semester (October)
- First week of December: for studies beginning in the spring semester (February)
*deadlines may vary depending on the institution
*when applying for a Bachelor programs we assist with applications only to private institutions
*course does not include preparation for Selectividad exam (Spanish university access tests)
This course is especially designed for students coming from outside the European Union. For any questions or doubts about the University Preparation Course do not hesitate to contact us!
Registration and materials
All costs (registration, course materials, books and visa documents) are included in the course costs — there are no additional costs for this course.
We know you want to make progress as quickly as possible! The table below will show you how long it takes to pass each level when you are studying this course.
|20h/weekIntensive||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks|
If you will be applying for a student visa with your course at Speakeasy we will help you with the entire visa application process. The University preparation course also includes all necessary application documents that you will need from the school. We have years of experience helping non-EU citizens to obtain their long-term student visas. We know it can be quite daunting and complex but you can take comfort in the fact that we will be there for you each step of the way.
Speakeasy is happy to offer you a selection of accommodation types if you need help finding a home away from home during your stay in Barcelona. Options include a room in a shared private apartment, host family, full private apartment or a room in a student residence. Most of our apartments, families and residences are located within 20 minutes from the school and the city center by public transport.
In addition to the comfort of knowing that you will be fully covered throughout your stay in Spain, many student visas require students to be covered with comprehensive medical insurance. If you plan to stay in Spain for more than 180 days and you need a long-term student visa (type D), you must have insurance with full coverage of medical services in Spain.
I am new at the school, but I can already say that I was surprised with the quality from my reception with Yasmin (attentive and friendly!), from teachers Bea and Txemi (which are great and the classes are flying by) and the events by Anna (always friendly and concerned to always promote the best). I really recommend Speakeasy as the best option in Barcelona!
- Are Speakeasy teachers native Spanish speakers? What are their qualifications?
Yes. All our teachers are native Spanish speakers from Spain. They all have a university degree, special training in ELE (Español como Lengua Extranjera) and experience teaching Spanish to foreigners.
- What documents do I need to apply for a student visa?
From Speakeasy you will need an invitation letter, the receipt stating that the course has been paid in full, the school accreditation from Instituto Cervantes and our CASA program.
- Do you offer help to students who want to obtain a student visa?
Yes, we provide the necessary documents you will need from Speakeasy to apply for your student visa in Spain. Since additional documents required for application depend on the country you´re coming from we suggest getting in touch with the embassy in the city you will be applying in. For more information please see our student visa page.