Especially designed for Non-EU students, this course is the stepping stone to improving your Spanish so you can continue studying in the Spanish University that you´ve always dreamed of.
This program is more than just learning Spanish. Our team will help you through the complex practical and legal procedures from start to finish.
At Speakeasy you will find the right advice and expertise necessary to ensure your place at one of Barcelona’s prestigious Universities. From the ABC of the Spanish language until the official language certificate and consultancy on all legal procedures, the Speakeasy University Preparation Course is the door towards a great Barcelona experience that will shape your future!
What does this course include?
This course covers all of your requirements, from before you arrive to when you’re here.
Before you arrive
- Advice and assistance in obtaining the National Student Visa (Type D).
- Academic Year Spanish Language Course (9 month of Intensive classes 20 h/w).
- All course materials
- Official invitation letter from Cervantes accredited school
- Enrollment Form
- Proof of payment
- Academic program
- Accreditation certificate
After you arrive
- Applying for your NIE card and permanent residence at City Council (Ayuntamiento).
- Filling in application forms for your National Visa, NIE (Spanish residency card) and its renewal.
- Obtaining and completing any legal form needed to apply for your NIE number.
- Support in applying to university and selecting the right course.
- Validating you exiting educational qualifications for the Spanish academic system.
- Renewal of your NIE card when it expires at the end of your language course.
- Any other support that you need during the process both before and after arriving in Barcelona!
Please note, before booking the University Preparation course, please, check the Spanish university deadlines for admissions. Application deadlines in Spain are as follows*:
- First week of June: for studies beginning in the fall semester (October)
- First week of September: late applications for studies beginning in the fall semester (October)
- First week of December: for studies beginning in the spring semester (February)
*deadlines may vary depending on the institution
*when applying for a Bachelor programs we assist with applications only to private institutions
*course does not include preparation for Selectividad exam (Spanish university access tests)
This course is especially designed for students coming from outside the European Union. For any questions or doubts about the University Preparation Course do not hesitate to contact us!
Registration and materials
All costs (registration, course materials, books and visa documents) are included in the course costs — there are no additional costs for this course.
We know you want to make progress as quickly as possible! The table below will show you how long it takes to pass each level when you are studying this course.
|20h/weekIntensive||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||2 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks||12 weeks|
If you will be applying for a student visa with your course at Speakeasy we will help you with the entire visa application process. The University preparation course also includes all necessary application documents that you will need from the school. We have years of experience helping non-EU citizens to obtain their long-term student visas. We know it can be quite daunting and complex but you can take comfort in the fact that we will be there for you each step of the way.
Speakeasy is happy to offer you a selection of accommodation types if you need help finding a home away from home during your stay in Barcelona. Options include a room in a shared private apartment, host family, full private apartment or a room in a student residence. Most of our apartments, families and residences are located within 20 minutes from the school and the city center by public transport.
In addition to the comfort of knowing that you will be fully covered throughout your stay in Spain, many student visas require students to be covered with comprehensive medical insurance. If you plan to stay in Spain for more than 180 days and you need a long-term student visa (type D), you must have insurance with full coverage of medical services in Spain.
I loved studying at Speakeasy! The school is very well located, the staff very attentive from the first contact, the facilities are new and always clean, and they also organize activities outside of classes so that students can get to know each other and also Barcelona. Very good!
- What health and safety measures related to Covid-19 are taken at Speakeasy?
Staggering arrival and break times for students, reducing the number of students in each classroom, frequent disinfection of classrooms, bathrooms and common areas, use of protective screens, disinfecting hand gels and soaps, use of personal protective equipment, such as masks or visors.
- Can I get internet access at school?
Yes. We offer free student WIFI connection in all classrooms and resting areas at Speakeasy. The password and login information can be obtained in our reception. Besides our student WIFI you can also use our computers in the multimedia area.
- Can I prolong my student visa from within Spain?
If you are already one of our students or you have studied at another language school, you can prolong your student visa with Speakeasy.